This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This policy was updated on: 06.07.2017
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Brilliant Noise, International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE.
We gather and use certain information about individuals to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information, including email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
How we use this data
Collecting this information helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver an improved service.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To contact you in response to a specific query.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie assigns your browser with a unique identifier and has an expiration date that tells your browser how long to store it. Within the time it is stored, it can remind the website what your preferences are and gather details of your usage for analytics purposes. When you make requests to the site, the cookie will be sent along with the request.
Cookies are useful for websites that require logins and have other advanced features such as social sharing, personalised information, and online stores.
What cookies do we use?
We use three cookies:
- We use a tool called Google Analytics, which helps us to keep track of how people use our site. It helps us to improve your online experience as a user of our website, as it enables us to better understand usage patterns.
- We also use Addthis, a third-party website tool which manages user sharing preferences and sets cookies as part of its user measurement and analytics features.
- Finally, we use Disqus, which sets cookies that are used for the comments on our website. It also provides track backs and analytics data.
How do we use these cookies?
We use the information stored in cookies to improve your experience of our website. All of the information we collect through cookies is anonymised, and we never share this information with third parties.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of emails sent via MailChimp.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Write to us at: Brilliant Noise, International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.brilliantnoise.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.