Senior Project manager
Fixed Term (6 months)
Our senior project managers are responsible for managing our larger and more complex projects – be it a content and social programme or strategic consultancy. Working with account managers, strategists and wider team, your job is to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
- Manage multiple projects or programmes effectively and efficiently – ensuring time, budget, quality and scope are managed to produce a high-quality outcome.
- Manage project and programme risk, pro-actively identifying and owning risks and issues, and providing mitigations.
- Forecast resource requirements and work with the rest of the project management team to prioritise these.
- Exemplify and uphold quality standards.
- Accurately estimate and forecast new business opportunities.
- Feedback on our project management processes and systems so that we can iteratively improve the ways we work as we scale and grow.
- Manage or contribute to internal projects and OKR initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with clients, getting under the skin of their business and making sure you’re the one they call for production matters.
- Manage client expectations carefully, keeping them fully appraised of project progress.
- Ensure all stakeholders are identified and engaged, and that you understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Help identify and define new project opportunities, and work with the account team to shape and secure them.
Leadership and people management
- Build effective team working in your client teams, maintaining energy, enthusiasm and a desire to produce high-quality outcomes for your clients.
- Provide leadership and line management support to project managers and/or production assistants.
- Work with and support freelance team members.
- Encourage and assist in the development of the production team.
Who you are
- You’re a skilled project manager, with experience of working in digital marketing or digital agencies.
- You can prioritise effectively and maintain focus.
- You’re diplomatic and enjoy working with lots of different people.
- You’re an expert communicator, both with clients and your team-mates.
- You’re numerate, good with spreadsheets and expert at managing budgets.
- You’re calm under pressure, and take changing deadlines and priorities in your stride.
- You’re a great coach, comfortable leading teams and supporting others in their professional development.
- You have extensive experience in project management.
- You’re experienced working with both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- You’ve used collaboration platforms and project management software.
- You have managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re PRINCE2 certified or a certified scrum master
- You’ve worked in an agency or internal agency setting.
- You have worked on new business proposals and can estimate programmes.
- You’re already familiar with Synergist, Asana and Trello.
- You’re able to constructively challenge where you spot a missed opportunity.
- You’re confident with Excel and Google Sheets, as well as other Office/G-Suite programmes.
- Working with the team, you’re able to use your experience of diverse business, organisational and other challenges to develop new and effective approaches for our clients.
- You’re brilliantly organised, and you always have a back-up plan.
- You’ll need to have a firm grasp on waterfall and Agile methodologies and understand where these different approaches are best used.
- You understand our industry and are familiar with (or even better, experienced in) agency life.
Working at Brilliant Noise
As a member of the Brilliant Noise team, not only will you be working alongside talented, awesome people, you’ll be part of a growing, ambitious culture where you can really make a difference.
In addition, you’ll also benefit from:
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Flexible working
- Plenty of social opportunities – from summer walks in the Downs to bowling and cinema trips
- Learning lunches with external experts and knowledge-sharing from colleagues
- Beer o’ clock at 4pm every Friday
- Fantastic coffee and the best-stocked tea cupboard in Brighton
If you’d like to apply or have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!