If you’re an ambitious and proactive project manager looking for your next challenge, this one’s for you…
We’re looking for a project manager to work with our consultancy team, helping us delight our clients and deliver brilliant work, on time, on budget, and to the highest standard. The autonomy and proactivity needed in this role make it the perfect opportunity for an experienced project manager looking to take a step up in seniority.
As project manager, you’re the driving force behind all of our consultancy projects. Working with all teams at Brilliant Noise, you oversee production, finance, communication and quality.
You make things happen.
What You Can Expect
As a member of the Brilliant Noise team, not only will you be working alongside talented, awesome people, you’ll be part of a growing, ambitious movement, where you can really make a difference.
As the Project Manager on the consultancy team, the majority of your time will be spent on our marketing capability projects, working alongside a great team of consultants and specialists. You’ll also be part of the core operations team with other PMs and our Head of Production, so you can continue to learn, share and improve our project management function.
We value ambition and curiosity. If you’re proactive and open to learn, we’ll make sure you have the tools, autonomy and support needed to deliver the best work of your career.
What You’ll Do
- Manage multiple projects or programmes effectively and efficiently – ensuring time, budget, quality and scope are managed to produce a high quality outcome.
- Ensure team members are well briefed and aligned on project requirements, desired outcomes and delivery deadlines.
- Monitor and proactively manage project risks and opportunities.
- Quality assurance – setting out and upholding internal processes to ensure we produce high quality work.
- Manage or contribute to internal projects and OKR initiatives.
- Provide and maintain clear and accurate project plans, schedules and backlogs.
- Effectively plan resourcing for project teams, ensuring the right amount of time is booked well in advance.
- Work closely with client partners, account managers and strategists to plan delivery, keeping them up to date on project progress.
- Manage the budget, financial forecast and profitability of each project under your control.
- Report regularly to the client partner and operations director on financial progress.
- Write reports, statements and specifications as needed, e.g. progress/status reports, statements of work or requirements specifications.
- Build strong relationships with clients, making sure you’re the one they call for production matters.
- Manage client expectations carefully, keeping them fully appraised of project progress.
- Help identify and define new project opportunities, and work with the client partner and lead strategist to shape and secure them.
Who you are
- You’re proactive, always thinking one step ahead and and asking the right questions in order to maintain a clear project plan.
- You’re dynamic, flexible and comfortable with managing multiple complex projects.
- You’re diplomatic, calm under pressure, and take changing deadlines and priorities in your stride.
- You can prioritise effectively and maintain focus.
- You’re an expert communicator, both with clients and your team-mates.
- You can hold your ground with senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You have great attention to detail and are able to manage admin and commercials with agility and clarity.
- You know what you want. We are an ambitious company in a fast-moving environment and there is much to keep on top of. If you are interested in a long-term career in project management we provide great opportunities for career development.
- You have solid experience as a project manager, having managed multiple projects from conception to completion. It would be a bonus if you’ve managed consultancy, digital or event projects.
- You’ve worked in a client facing role before, and can utilise this experience to build strong working relationships quickly and effectively.
- You’ve managed long-term projects within either agile or waterfall methodologies, or both.
- Experience of working in a digital agency or consultancy business on marketing, digital transformation or learning and training programmes.
- Experience of collaboration platforms and project management software such as Synergist, Asana, Trello.
- You have great organisational skills and will make sure that we meet our clients’ needs with care and attention to the core pillars of project management: scope, time, quality and budget.
- You demonstrate sound judgement, diplomacy and excellent negotiation skills.
- You can plan well and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Good at prioritising, you can manage client needs effectively across multiple accounts and remain assertive and professional despite rapidly changing needs.
- Able to see the bigger picture without missing the detail.
- You have an in-depth understanding of project management principles, including agile and waterfall methodologies. Ideally, you’ll be PRINCE2 or Scrum Master certified.
- You’re familiar with our industry, and have a good knowledge of how agency and consultancy functions work.
- You are curious, and will proactively seek new knowledge and development opportunities, particularly in your field and the industry. Your learning never stops.
Salary and benefits
In addition to your salary (£35,000-40,000 D.O.E), you’ll also benefit from:
- Being on the team of one of the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK
- A flexible approach to how and where we work
- Loads of activities – from bouldering and morning beach strolls to bowling and crazy golf – as well as plenty of team gatherings and socials
- A beautiful office space at Plus X Innovation Hub, with state of the art facilities
- Learning lunches with external experts and knowledge-sharing from colleagues, and an open approach to your professional and personal development needs
- An award-winning Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family to access 24/7
- A paid day every year to spend giving back/ volunteering for a community project or charity of your choice
- We’re missing some of our ‘normal’ perks like yoga, free fruit, and team fika since being remote, but we’ve made sure our team feel cared for from a distance with regular deliveries of goodies
Want to apply? Great!
If this sounds like the role for you, just send your CV over to email@example.com with ‘project manager’ as the subject, don’t forget to tell us a bit about yourself and why you’re applying.
We welcome applications from everyone, and would particularly like to hear from under-represented groups in the digital marketing industry.
If you’d like to apply, have any questions about the role, or need additional support with your application, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!