This is a rare opportunity to lead an integral team in one of the UK’s leading digital marketing agencies.
You’ll own our portfolio of data and insight services – and how we develop, communicate, sell, deliver and improve them. You’ll energise and enthuse colleagues and clients and lead and mentor a growing, multi-disciplined team.
Strategically lead and help grow client accounts, by:
- Identifying and acting on commercial and creative opportunities.
- Communicating proactively and enthusiastically with senior leaders and team members.and
- Having a bias for action
Strategically lead and help grow the agency, by:
- Recognising and communicating the value of what we do.
- Making it easy for clients, potential clients and colleagues to understand what we do, why it is valuable, what problems it solves, how we do it, and how long it takes.
- Publicising and promoting our work and our services via public speaking, events, conferences, research papers, blog posts and other thought leadership and PR activity.
Manage, coach and develop colleagues, by:
- Lead and mentor the data and insight team, taking on duties such as:
- Collaborating with your team to create development plans.
- Being the first point of contact for any concerns or queries on the employee experience for your team.
- Being a role model for all BN team members, demonstrating professionalism, fairness and all BN values.
- Supporting and rewarding high performance, as well as managing any performance issues quickly and with consistency.
- Facilitate team meetings to discuss progress and share best practice.
- Recruitment and on-boarding of new data and insight team members.
- You’re preferably a senior strategic planner or data strategist from a full service digital agency background, with a strong understanding of how to apply different types of data to a wide range of strategic problems facing businesses.
- You have solid experience in research design, web data and analytics and customer insight platforms, and could have knowledge and experience of the applications of data science techniques.
- You’ll also have experience managing a team, delegating work and motivating direct reports. Our data team is growing and you’ll be a mentor to more junior team members.
- You’re comfortable pitching to Senior / C-suite levels, and have account growth experience with the ability to take a brief through concept to pitch to delivery.
- Calm under pressure
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and projects
- Able to tell inspiring stories with data to non-technical audiences
- A capable and confident communicator
- Comfortable presenting and running workshops with clients and internal teams
- A ‘T-shaped’ person with a keen commercial understanding and a critical thinking approach to problems solving
- Degree level qualification in a numeric / applied discipline e.g. applied stats, economics, maths etc.(a Masters Degree in a relevant subject is a bonus)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- An understanding and a POV on the applications of data science, AI and machine learning to business problems
- Knowledge of SPSS, Stata, Python, R and other data science packages/languages
- Extensive experience in a data-led role
- Experience applying GA and other web-analytics platforms
- Use of social listening products such Brandwatch, Social Bakers, Crimson Hexagon
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Experience of brand planning would be a bonus
- Client teams: You will help establish clear roles and ways of working within client teams that ensure client success and service/IP development.
- Service development: You will develop a clear brief for service development within your area, outlining the challenge and constraints. You will create and communicate a plan for delivering against that brief – with clear outcomes, timings, resources and support needs.
- Communications: You will regularly communicate progress against your plan to your line manager and to the company.
- Planning: You will manage your own time across chargeable client work, service development, sales support, marketing support, and management and admin.
Working at Brilliant Noise
As a member of the Brilliant Noise team, not only will you be working alongside talented, awesome people, you’ll be part of a growing, ambitious culture where you can really make a difference.
In addition, you’ll also benefit from:
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays – with an extra day added for each year of service
- Generous training budgets and great career progression opportunities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced parental leave policies after 1 year of service
- Reduced gym membership
- Plenty of social events – from Summer walks in the downs to bowling and cinema trips
- Learning lunches with external experts and knowledge-sharing from colleagues
- Beer o’ clock at 4pm every Friday
- Fantastic coffee and the best-stocked tea cupboard in Brighton
If you’d like to apply, or have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!