We’re looking for an ambitious account manager to join our fast growing agency on a fixed term basis, helping us to define the future of marketing. As an account manager, your mission is to manage, grow, support and retain exciting global brand accounts through living our values and producing the best work of your career.
Account managers are leaders in creating client success at Brilliant Noise and are trusted business advisors to our clients.
A driving force for quality and impact, account managers collaborate with other Brilliant teams, including project managers and strategists, in order to deliver excellence and meet client needs.
What we’re looking for
A positive and tenacious account manager who’s a strategic thinker and understands business context, able to analyse situations, identify growth opportunities and generate solutions within a team. They’ll take responsibility for delivering high-quality work and keeping the client team motivated as well as their client relationships open and positive.
- Creating programmes and projects with close day to day client collaboration
- Being bold and challenging the brief where necessary to ensure relevance and quality
- Commercial decision making, developing and maintaining an accurate revenue pipeline, delivering revenue targets and working with client partners to identify opportunities for growth
- Gaining a good understanding of our clients’ business objectives from the outset of initiatives, driving a shared ambition and ensuring each project contributes to the overall client strategy
- Enabling teams to deliver creative, high quality, and commercially successful work by supplying a clear and thorough brief
- Effectively navigating and balancing the needs of client, agency and delivery teams
- Client, team and personal leadership for your accounts within the business, responding to changes and opportunities promptly.
- Reporting on progress and performance to client partner efficiently and effectively
- Keeping the client team motivated as well as nurturing your client relationship to stay open and positive
- Ensuring diligence, managing account administration and upholding process, as well as championing efficiency
- Demonstrating accountability and discipline, making effective decisions where appropriate, as well as driving decisions you’re not accountable for to be made in good time
- Experience in marketing communications, advertising, content creation, social media, product development, user experience or strategy development.
- Experience of handling clients, account management, growing accounts.
- Experience of working in a digital agency/consultancy business on large marketing, digital transformation or product development programmes.
- Project management experience, and an understanding of various project management methodology.
- Excellent communication, you get the message across simply and clearly both internally and externally. To the point, clear and concise, in everything you produce.
- Detail oriented, and aware that accuracy in financial administration is essential. You know, understand and own your numbers. They are yours.
- The ability to nurture strong and rewarding professional relationships.
- Strategic thinking, you understand business context, giving you the ability to analyse situations, identify growth opportunities and generate solutions within a team.
- Good at prioritising, you can manage client needs effectively across multiple accounts and remain assertive and professional despite rapidly changing needs.
- Able to understand, interpret and communicate client briefs to the team or sniff out uncertainty and navigate the politics to support the client in articulating their needs clearly.
- Analytical and objective, you’re able to problem-solve easily and demonstrate an understanding of the importance of data and analysis.
- You’re familiar with our industry, and have a good knowledge of how agency and consultancy functions work.
- You have an understanding of, or approach to learning about, organisations that are global brands.
- You are curious, and will proactively seek new knowledge and development opportunities, particularly in your field and the industry. Your learning never stops.
- You’re a positive and proactive person who is commercially focused, constantly looking for opportunities to exceed client expectations, while also delivering revenue to the agency.
- You’re able to lead in client facing meetings and calls, and take ambassadorship very seriously.
- You’re calm under pressure and are able to objectively work through challenging projects in order to meet deadlines.
- You’re self-motivated, but also an equally brilliant team player, able to adapt your approach to different working styles in order to get the best out of everyone.
- Confidential and trustworthy, you’re diplomatic about how and where you discuss client needs and information.
Dependent on experience. This is a mid-level role within Brilliant Noise, working as part of the wider client team.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, or have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications from agencies will not be viewed, sorry!
Working at Brilliant Noise
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays – with an extra day added for each year of service
- Generous training budgets and great career progression opportunities
- Being part of a growing, ambitious culture where you can really make a difference
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced parental leave policies after 1 year of service
- Reduced gym membership
- Plenty of social opportunities – from Summer walks in the downs to bowling and cinema trips
- Learning lunches with external experts and knowledge-sharing from colleagues
- Beer o’ clock at 4pm every Friday
- Fantastic coffee and the best-stocked tea cupboard in Brighton.
"The best things about Brilliant Noise are the people, the flexibility, the trust, and the autonomy I have over my work."